Reports to: Project Manager
Job Type: Full–Time
Location: Riverside, MO
RIC is seeking a Water Resources Engineer to work under the mentorship of a project manager to carry out drafting and design work on various hydrology, floodplain studies, preliminary design studies, runoff plans, and watershed planning projects. A successful candidate will have the ability to provide design and plan production support for storm water, water and/or wastewater projects associated with private site development and public infrastructure improvements. This candidate should be self-motivated, creative and eager to develop into a project management role. We are seeking an individual who shares our passion for a high-quality work product and enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
- Assist project managers with preparation of civil engineering studies, planning documents and design plans related to storm water, water and wastewater
- Effectively utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Prepare hydraulic and hydrology models, drainage reports, calculations and recommendations and correspondence
- Work effectively and professionally with internal team members and external client personnel
- Prioritize project deadlines
- 2-5 years of experience with storm water, water and/or wastewater modeling and design experience
- Project management experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in state and federal regulations and processes
- Knowledge of local engineering design criteria and language
- Ability and willingness to perform field work including lifting up to 40 pounds, traversing uneven surfaces and occasionally varying outdoor weather conditions
- Strong self-motivation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office Suite software
- Team player
- Organized and punctual
- Self-management skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Engineering Intern (EI) certification or professional engineer (PE) licensure required
- Ability to acquire PE licensure in a Kansas and/or Missouri within 2 years of employment is preferred
RIC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by all applicable laws.
*Please note that RIC does not currently offer relocation assistance or sponsor applicants for work/student visas.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.